Monday, December 12, 2011

Tag Booklet Swap...

As busy as I am right now, sometimes I just need to take time and create.
Mistletoe Market was fabulous again this past Saturday and I spent all day
Sunday in my studio, it was a very productive weekend.
Signed up to participate in a Tag Booklet Swap at PDA and have been working
on my tags. The theme is Shabby Chic, Vintage, Victorian using pinks, sage and cream and each tag had to include a stick pin or a charm. There are nine of us participating. Here are a few photos...
Putting them together.
My first ever stick pins.
All done and ready to go. I secured the tags to
black chipboard with a brad because the are going in the mail.
A close up.
We will each send one tag to the other 8 participants and once all tags are received we can put them together to make the booklet. Super excited to see all the tags. I will share them once they have all arrived.
Hope you are enjoying a wonderful holiday season.

5 comments:

Jean said...

Gorgeous Tags! I love the children image and the stick pins are so pretty!

Robin said...

Your tags and pins are gorgeous Shannon! I would love to try my hand at making those pins but don't have a clue as to what adhesive to use. Glad you have been doing well at the market too.

Hugs,
Robin

Shannon said...

Robin...the pins are so much fun, I'm addicted! A friend suggested glass accents by Ranger but Michael's was out so I bought a tube of jewelry glue by Aleene's at Walmart. Worked great but I'll warn you, it's just like superglue if you get it on your skin, it's a pain to get off.

Lee Weber said...

Bravo!! These turned out really beautifully. I am not doing much as far as swaps right now, as there is just so much on my plate right now, I feel like I'm drowning... That being said, I did make a bunch of ornaments for my family today, jsut need to add embellishments. Happy Holidays! Did I send you your stuff yet? I moved stuff when I cleaned, and I'm not sure if I did or not!!

Shannon said...

Haven't seen anything yet but haven't been to the post office since day before yesterday. Will you be sharing your ornaments on your blog? Have a very Merry Christmas. Take care of yourself!