Saturday, October 26, 2013

Once upon a time...

In 2011, I began sketching out an idea for a storybook. For many months, I carried a notebook in my purse and anytime an idea came, I wrote it down. For over a year, it was just a collection of sketches, words and thoughts about the story I wanted to tell. In 2012, while recovering from my stroke, I started working on the art. It was a slow process and after several weeks, I set it aside. My eyesight was hindering the process and it became a chore rather than a pleasure to work on. It has nagged at me for months. I really wanted to tell the story. So...a few weeks ago I started again and since my eyesight has improved, it's been a better process this time around and I am enjoying every minute of it. I wanted to share however since it's a gift for my daughter's, don't want to give too much away, so here are a few small bits...




Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It looks like it is going to be a very lovely story. :) Best wishes, Tammy