Thursday, June 03, 2010

Flea market finds...

Stopped at the flea market last Saturday and found a few interesting items...
Old Rook game, a bird book and an assortment of ephemera...

a paper milk cap and an antique photo. The ephemera is mostly telegrams and counter checks from the early 1920's.
a close up of some of the counter checks and assorted items. I paid $4 for all the items shown above.

I got this suitcase filled with sheet music for $5 and that included the suitcase! It's an old Samsonite and is excellent condition. What a bargain.
The sheet music belonged to Ruth and Virginia Edgar and dates from 1896 to 1913. Evidently, everytime they bought or received a new piece they wrote their name and date on the front. In with all the music I also found 2 opera playbills from the same time period.
Hard to believe all the treasures I got for only $9!
Have a great day!
Be back soon.

2 comments:

Robin said...

You really got some great deals!

Shannon said...

I'll happily share if you would like, just email me your mailing address and I'll send you a pack of goodies for being such a faithful and kind follower.