Monday, April 02, 2012

Treasures...

My latest treasures...
On my most recent junkin' adventure with my friend Bonnie, I found some great items. A vintage sewing pattern, a booklet on Spain, 3 packs of vintage paper coasters, a salt shaker, a piece of vintage restaurant pottery, 2 metal floral frogs and an awesome wire basket. I also purchased a pair of shutters to use for display at shows.
My favorite find of the day was this lamp shade...
Stained, torn and only $2.50...I knew I had to have it, have had this idea for a couple of months...
I removed the fabric from the shade and spray painted it black. Also, painted an old lamp base I've been hanging on to for several years. I removed the cord however left the rest of the lamp intact.
The finished project...
It's now a display for my tags and other little pieces of art.
This was fun!
Enjoy.

1 comment:

Robin said...

What a great idea! Your lamp looks wonderful with all the art on display! Great finds too. Have a great week.

Hugs,
Robin