Monday, February 11, 2013

Shine on...

Shine On Tag for a challenge at Paper & Digital Arts. The sideways "s" is proof of my visual impairment, didn't even realize I'd done that until I went to scan the tag. There was a time, in my arty life, that I would have covered it up or found some way to redo. Times have changed and so have I, a reminder of how far I've come and how lucky I am. The face is clay and I used a mold to create. While making this, I realized I had purchased glow in the dark clay, by mistake but after painting, spraying and inking, you can't really tell. Sorry the image is a bit fuzzy, should have taken a photo instead of trying to scan.
It's been crazy around here and I am exhausted. I'm so tired of being tired. I was feeling pretty good last week when I last posted but that quickly changed. Youngest granddaughter has been to the hospital twice with a high fever, time time we were told it was a virus, second time she has a double ear infection. My daughter in Fredericksburg had her kitchen ceiling cave in from a pipe that burst from being frozen. Had plans for an evening out on Friday but that was cancelled due to unexpected issues and drama. I was looking so forward to seeing art and visiting friends but it was out of my hands. I find myself frustrated because I cannot drive by myself and more frustrated it will be a long time before I can. I remind myself of all that I can do but it's still hard, I've always been so independent. I haven't driven again since a week ago Sunday, it's like being 15 again and learning for the first time. It's not that I don't know how, it's that things have changes and it gets to my every last nerve, hard to explain. By the time I get where I am going, I'm sick to my stomach.  Anyway...lots to do, just trying to find the energy.
When all else fails, take a nap. Life is good.
Enjoy!

No comments: