Saturday, December 07, 2013

Collecting glass...

I love Pinterest and am constantly inspired by the art and craft ideas I find there. Several months ago I found many pins for Glassware Garden Art and was intrigued. I began collecting assorted glass pieces at thrift shops and Goodwill stores. I wanted to make four pieces to give as gifts.
Here is the assortment of glass, it took me about 2 months to gather. I was looking for color and unique and interesting pieces...
Red and blue are the hardest to find and the greens come in a couple of different shades, I chose the "avocado" shade.
Here are three of the finished pieces... 
This was fun although very time consuming, I only glued one level at a time and allowed 24 hours of drying. If I had chosen different pieces for the top, these could also be used as a candleholder.
Enjoy!

No comments: