Monday, December 09, 2013

Decorating on a budget...

If you follow my blog, you have probably figured out that I like doing things simple and inexpensively.
Here is a good example...
Found these glass trees at a thrift store, large one was $2 and the smaller ones were $1 each.
The most expensive part of this project is the spray paint. It's Krylon Looking Glass mirror paint. You can purchase online from Walmart for about $10 per can. Michael's sells it for $11.99 and AC Moore it's $13.99 however both these stores normally have at least a 40% off coupon. One can will last a long time and do many projects, I've used it on over a dozen glass pieces and still have plenty left to do more.
It's very easy...make a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar and put it in a spray bottle. Spritz the inside of the glass pieces with mixture and then apply a light amount of spray paint. Allow to dry and repeat steps until you are happy with the amount of paint. I kept mine light for this project. I set the finished trees on a mirror I bought at Goodwill for $1.95.
Pretty, yet simple and inexpensive.
Enjoy!

No comments: