Monday, January 06, 2014

A good start...

I have a lot of projects and goals for 2014 and I've gotten off to a good start.
Last year was focused a lot on getting better and finding my wings again.
This year will be focused on spreading my new wings, growing my knowledge and achieving the many goals I've set for myself. I have several lists, some personal but mostly my goals are focused on my art and being creative.
Here are a few of the items on  my list of creative endeavors for 2014...
1. Write and create art for my second storybook
2. Complete the series Family History in Art, a total of 16 pieces (3 pieces complete)
3. Create an Artist Profile
4. 4 x 6 Quote Art Journal
5. Owl series, six mixed media pieces
6. Complete the 2012 Alpha Challenge, I was 7 months into this project
when I had my stroke. I think it's time to get it done.
7. Continue clay bird series, have 9 so far.
Many more but these are the priorities.
I'll keep you posted on how it's going and I certainly hope to have
lots of art to share.
Here are 2 pieces from the series, Family History in Art... 
C C Tabor
My maternal grandfather.
12 x 12 mixed media box including his pins from the US Army Corp of Engineers.
Background features pieces from maps of places he lived.
Hoosier Honey
My maternal grandmother.
12 x 12 mixed media box including 2 milk caps from her family's dairy.
She's wearing heels, what a hoot.
I gave both pieces to my mother for Christmas.
She was thrilled and has actually taken them out and
shown them to other family members. We'll get them
on her wall soon.
Enjoy!

No comments: