Thursday, January 02, 2014

A new year...

Happy New Year!
We rang in 2014, quietly, at home. It has become our tradition.
I spent the evening working in one of my art journals and reflecting on 2013.
It was very good year, a year of healing, a year of growth and a year of accepting that which I cannot change. 
With each new year, rather than making resolutions, I make a plan for the year. I set goals.  My list of goals for this new year is long. I cannot wait to share many of these projects with you.
I started out the new year with a clean, organized studio. I'm ready for another great year.
Here is the last project I finished in 2013, my Christmas journal... 
Front Cover of a 7 x 10 moleskin journal.
















I incorporated Christmas cards we received, scraps of wrapping paper, gift tags, photographs and added paint, ink, rub-ons and even a few stickers. Added a bit of stitching and pieces of washi tape throughout.
Currently working in my 2014 art journal and painting a piece of furniture, not wasting any time working on my list.
Enjoy!

No comments: