Friday, May 21, 2010

A beautiful day...


as is everyday however today is a little more special...my 50th birthday.
What a milestone...I look back and sometimes wonder how I survived it all.
Age doesn't bother me, never has, probably never will, it's just a number. Oh, I feel a little older these days, the memory seems to fail me more often than not and a few more aches and pains but it's part of the process and I embrace it.
It's been a bit emotional however thinking about my best friend, remembering her 50th and how we managed to surprise her with a party and how much she enjoyed her special day. I wish she was here to celebrate with me but I know she's in a special place, watching down on us all and wishing me the best.
So...I will celebrate today and cherish the memories.
The pink rose is for you Deb, wish you were here, I miss you.

I hope your day is beautiful. Celebrate something, anything, with the people you love.
Be back soon.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Shannon! Hope it's a great day!!