Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Big...

The art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. Henry Ellis
18 x 24
My largest piece to date, thought it was 16 x 20 when I was posting the other day. Interesting choice of colors, out of the norm for me. This piece is entirely post stroke and I believe that my art has changed in small ways. When my daughter, Amy, saw it, her first reaction was Mardi Gras. I've framed it in a black floater frame and it's going to the Lynchburg Art Club for their Christmas Show and Sale along with 2 other pieces. One of those pieces I'll be sharing tomorrow.
It's the eve of Thanksgiving, always my favorite holiday although the last three years have been hard. This year will be difficult too, our fourth holiday without Deb. She also loved Thanksgiving and she's the biggest part of why it was always to special to me. All those wonderful traditions are gone now but still so much to be thankful for, even more so this year. I thank God daily for all the wonderful blessing in my life and for allowing me the time to enjoy them. I am truly blessed and so very thankful.
Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.
Enjoy!

No comments: