Wednesday, November 04, 2009

My knight in shining armor...


Image courtesy of Karen's Whimsey.
For 28 years, I worked outside the home, and my days were divided into work time and home time. Then, for 4 years, I had a retail shop that was located in my home. During this time my days consisted of work/home time, no real division between the two. It's easy to see how it happened because my job was born from my hobby. Since closing my shop in September, my days have become even more unorganized and for someone that is organized to a fault, I have been feeling a bit off lately and I believe it has effected my creativity, actually my ability to create. I still work from my home, keeping 2 little girls part time and creating and selling my art. What a great way to spend the day but I find I feel at the end of the day like I've worked all day and done nothing...hard to explain.I've decided that it's time to refine my days, work time during the day and home time in the evening. Create for others when I'm working and create for me when I'm "home". Sounds like a plan!
Something that I have wanted to do for a long time now is to create an art journal. I've been researching the process for a couple of weeks and have found a load of inspiration online. There seems to be a million different ways to create an art journal, it's amazing. A few days ago I was reading one of my favorite blogs, the last door...down the hall and fell in love with Elizabeth's journal pages, they are true works of art. I was especially intrigued with her entry on Soul Journaling and had to find out more. I joined the Soul Journal Yahoo Group, as she did, and have been reading and gathering supplies. Cannot wait to get started, this is exactly the type of project I have been looking for...thanks Elizabeth, I am inspired. Look forward to sharing my pages with you.
The graphic above is for Day 3 of the process, every girl needs a knight in shining armor!
Have a wonderful day!
Be back soon.

3 comments:

Robin said...

So glad to hear you are going to start doing a journal. I too have admired Elizabeth's journal pages and have often wondered what it would be like to create one.

Shannon said...

You should do it, I am having a blast!

The Feathered Nest said...

This makes so much sense Shannon! I too have a hard time with my "work" time and family time. I tend to love to create in the evening but that means I'm in the studio and not with the family! I need to treat my artwork to sell as a 9-5 thing...and relax with my family in the evenings!! Your fall photos are so gorgeous ~ I love fall too! xxoo, Dawn