Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Saluting Our Veterans

Veteran's Day, a day of thanksgiving and prayer as we honor those that have served.
Today has an extra special meaning for me as all 4 of my brothers, my father, stepfather and father-in-law and both grandfather's have served. Three of my brothers are still active and one is being deployed on January 10, 2o10 for his second time to Iraq. This will be the fourth deployment of one of my brothers in the last 4 years. I understand the sacrifices that are made and I am so very proud of the men in my family.
I made a card to commemorate the day...

Saluting Our Veterans
The little sailor image is from challenge 48 at Art Creations Friday. My card also fits into the current theme of Remembrance at Created By Hand.
To all veterans, I thank you for your service and I salute you.
Have a great day.
Be back soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous card and a lovely little sailor :)

vintage wil said...

Ohh what a beauty!!!