Monday, December 07, 2009

This year...


The holiday season is in full swing, well, almost. I am getting a slow start here at the house, finding it hard to get started. Just as I was getting in the swing of the season last year, our family suffered a great loss, the unexpected passing of my stepmom. I never got my tree decorated, it stood in the living room with nothing but lights until the day after Christmas and then was promptly returned to the basement. Obviously, Christmas will never be the same for us and it's hard to think about celebrating without the person that made the holiday so special year after year. I know we'll get through it with the love and support of each other.
I mention this because normally I would fill my blog with photos of my home, my decorations, all the traditions of Christmas. I'm not prepared to do that this year and I hope you understand. I will be sharing a few handmade gifts and lots of seasonal images over the next few weeks and hope you will stop by often.
Mistletoe Market went well this weekend, dispite the nasty weather. Children waited patiently to see Santa and Mrs. Claus and folks stood in line for their free carriage ride even in the rain, sleet, freezing rain and snow. The event continues the next 2 Saturdays.
Hope you have a great week, I'm busy finishing projects for customers and getting a few gifts made.
Have a wonderful Monday.
Be back soon.

No comments: